PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Comments=New Friends

Today I'm sending a flower to all the readers and especially the commenters! Believe me, I have gone to visit everyone that has had the kindness to comment on something I've posted. I would really like to find more blogs to read (although the old man thinks I spend too much time on this already), especially from someone like me who's still new to the blogosphere and especially other knitters who have gotten completely turned on by all the wonderful patterns out there that they never knew existed! And who are trying to catch up as quickly as possible!

I've started to join up with the sock KALS, see sidebar. I've only successfully completed one pair of socks, but I am hooked and want to really get rolling on this. And guess what? I'm not going to apologize for being a beginner sockknitter. With all the inspiration around the web, I hope to become an expert in a really short time! If I can get off the computer and start knitting, of course. I tried on the new sock last night and I can already tell that this pair is going to fit way, way better than the first.

Thanks, Margene, for coming by and leaving a comment. I jumped on the sock KAL's that I found on your site and have gone to visit other bloggers when you list them. I like to get out and comment and make new friends that way. I know that I will be reading blogs that you posted about today.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Thanks for the beautiful flowers, Pat! Glad you're having fun! And Margene is a real gem. I've learned a lot clicking around on her blog too.

7:25 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Pat - I too am a fanatic sock knitter - I think it's the instant gratification - you can see real progress. I especially like to wear mine - but I give so many away I only have maybe four pairs that I wear - including the first pair I ever knit!!

I tried to join the 2006 sockapoluza - but haven't heard anything yet - might try to find the site again later tonight.

Enjoy your socks!!

Julie

9:29 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Pat - so how did you put the KAL buttons on your site?
I still haven't figured that one out yet! Don't you have to have a place to store them?
I've really enjoyed reading your blog and appreciate your comments to mine!

Take Care - Julie

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home