PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Success!


More down time this weekend equalled one finished sock. It fits as perfectly as I could wish. Smooth and snug.

I thought for a while I would run out of yarn, but in the end I did have a fair amount left over.

Now, of course, all I have to do is start and finish the other one.

It may not be the Olympics (yet), but it still feels like a good accomplishment. The tiny needles really made an amazing difference in the fit and feel.

I'm ready for Sockapaloooza!

EDITED TO ADD:

Yarn: Kroy Socks 4 Ply, 50 g 192 yards, 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon, in Harris Tweed, which I bought cheap on sale in order to see what works for me.

Pattern: Traditional Ribbed Socks from Patons booklet "Classics in Kroy".

Needles: US Size Zeros, four DPNs, rather than the recommended Size Ones. I used bamboo needles, which I was not totally happy with. The needles didn't fall out of the work, but they held on to the stitches pretty tightly. I would like to be able to slide the yarn off the needles a little easier; I'm sure this slowed me up some. Any suggestions?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Great sock! You've officially been bitten by the bug, I see. Keep up the good socks! Specs, please -- I'm a sucker for other people's sock yarn...

5:32 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hi again, Pat. When I get down that low, I use my Susan Bates aluminum needles ( they come in a set that goes down to 0000 I think -- never used that one). They do hold onto yarn like bamboo though, and they are sharp...but better than bamboo at that small gauge -- more solid feeling. I used them with summer cotton socks. Good luck and great socks...again...Sheesh. Do I do anything but read blogs?

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Laura said...

I think it depends on the knitter. Have you tried aluminum dpn's? They can be kind of slippery. Maybe your bamboo needles would get smoother if you rub them with waxed paper? I've heard of doing that. But I'm not an expert and I don't have any bamboo dpn's. But I'm going to soon! :)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Abigail 1870 pearl said...

Your socks look so comfy. Kroy makes pretty good sock yarn that wears well. Kint on girl knit on..

8:31 PM  
Blogger 王菲Star said...

That's actually really cool!!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

9:26 PM  
Blogger I LOVE YOU said...

成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,美女,成人圖片區,avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,a片

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home