PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

All Moved In

It didn't look good this morning for the move into the village. It was supposed to be a day off for me. However, a little after 8:oo am I got called into work for a crisis. Okay. I went in, the issue got resolved, and I went home at 9:00. The old man met me at the door, telephone in hand. "It's for you." It was work, again. Another crisis. A bigger one. Could I please come back? I didn't get out this time until noon. However, this was only a minor flight delay on my trip into the village. Now I am fully moved in and the family will just have to survive the fact.

WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THE VILLAGE WITH ME:


This is Big Cat. She has been with us since she was about 3 weeks old. She was a shelter cat and we had to feed her kitten formula at first. She is the knitter's cat. She will curl up on the armrest or backrest of the chair or couch when I am knitting, or will move in and lay on the knitting bag. She will watch the needles and may even tap the tips if you let her. There is probably Big Cat hair in everything I knit. She is the one who curls up on the bed with us. She is about ten years old now and still bounces around pretty good when the mood strikes. Big Cat has definitely moved into the village with me.

WHAT YOU WILL NOT FIND IN THE VILLAGE WITH ME:

This is Little Cat, the teenage cat. She thinks she is a teenage girl. Little Cat Does Not Do Knitting. Knitting. Is. Boring. She is also the Curfew Cat. She waits on the back of the recliner until all the teenagers are home at night. Then she runs to the bathroom with them. She loves to watch makeup being put on. And hair being curled. She doesn't object to watching the Country Music Channel. She checks out all the teenage boys. (Big Cat runs and hides.) She whacks all the blinds out of line in the window. She jumps across the dining room table. She hides out on the kitchen counters. She hides Christmas ornaments until Easter. She eats jewelry. She is especially fond of plastic wrist bands. She drinks out of the toilet.

She was NOT invited into the village.

In other news from the village, when I arrived I found a message from Whit, inviting me to join Team DPN. I explained that I would not be knitting my event with DPNs, although I would be using some pretty sharp Size 2s. I guess, though, I qualified for the team because I do frequently poke myself with sharp needles, DPN or whatever. So, armed with these stellar qualifications, I moved directly into the DPN camp. Pizza party, anyone? (Thanks for the invite, Whit!)

Also found on the village billboard, these instructions for safety on the slopes. Check 'em out.

Check in tomorrow for another village report.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Now, see, there are two schools of thought on this...yours which says acclimate oneself to the villiage, and mine which says a few extra nights in your own bed will give you a headstart. See you Thursday...

8:31 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

Hi. I was browsing through the blogs on Team DPN.

I grew up in Globe, AZ.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I can see Big Cat will act as an impartial judge during the event. Did you have any difficulties with the "Knitting Committee" when you checked into village?

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home