PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I'm Almost Too Late

To wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. I've been out of town on a family matter, and so haven't kept up on the Olympic updates, but eleven hours in the car related to a fair amount of Olympic knitting. I'd planned on posting pictures, but the camera battery ran out of juice, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow.

The old man and I had our Valentine's dinner last night at Sakura. This is one of his favorite places to eat and we don't get to do it very often. We actually aren't very big on Valentine's day-type stuff, but any excuse to go out to dinner is a good one. Afterwards, we enjoyed the pairs figure skating. It was really amazing to see the courage that these skaters exhibit. This is the kind of stuff I watch the Olympics to see.

When we got home, son Mike had a Valentine's day present for us -- his letter of acceptance to medical school. We knew it was going to come, but it was special to just have it in hand, finally.

It's good to be back in the village again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

What a perfect Valentine's present! Congrats on the future med student! And, I'm with you on the skating. I got a tear just watching the Chinese couple!

5:16 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

You all must be so happy. Son mike will need lots of knitting things during his hard work. Afgans for the deep but little sleep he'll be getting! May as well sleep in comfort. And he'll learn to sleep fast too.
COngratulations. We need great people in medicine.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Hi Pat, thanks for joining the knitalong -- I'll post details later this week and put your name in the sidebar. Know anyone who makes buttons? Hope you're knitting up a storm!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost too late myself! When I wanted to comment on this post the other day blogger wouldn't let me!

Congratulations about your son's announcement - I'm so glad you're back at home and getting settled back into the Olympic knitting. :)

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home