PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A glove and a poem


As promised, the progress picture of the first fingerless glove. In the middle right is the gusset for the thumb, kind of hard to see, I know. I only have about another inch and a half of this to go. Then the seaming and the first one will be done. The colors are quite accurate on this picture as well. The yarn is Wildfoote Brown Sugar.

Now that I have gotten into the pattern I realize that I probably could have done something more challenging -- something actually with fingers or at least partial fingers. The more I look at other knitters' projects, the more I want to try something with a little more (okay, a lot more) challenge to it. This is what comes of surfing the net. You realize that there is more to life than what they sell at Walmart.

Time to do the name-poetry challenge! Just one of those games we play in the Olympic village when day is done...

P - Pumpkin colors in my wool
A - Alpaca, merino, some silk for you,
T - Together we knit for gold and fame --

K - Knit on by the light of the Olympic flame!

Maybe this isn't exactly what the poem should be but hey! At this hour of the night you take what you can get.

See you all on the ice tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home