PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Recovering

It's good to be home. It's quiet, the fridge is full, and the living room couch is pretty darn comfortable. We want to send our thanks publicly to everyone who has posted or emailed -- we really appreciate your good thoughts. Today was lab test day. The next evaluation is next Tuesday.


Special thanks go to son Mike, who traveled from his house to ours twice (over an hour each way) to help out with the things that needed to be done but which we ourselves couldn't do. Here he is typing out his med school acceptance letter. Notice sock knitting in front of the computer. In appreciation, I told him he could have anything he wanted for dinner. So he got tortilla soup, broiled pork steak with German-style seasoning, hash browns, warm fruit compote, and lettuce with hot bacon-vinegar dressing.

On the knitting homefront, the Olympic Knitting is finished. Pictures will be posted tomorrow. I got some Brown Sheep worsted today to knit some hats for Ann's Lenten Knitalong. I think I will be doing a lot of therapeutic knitting for a while and hats will be pretty straighforward. I think it will also do me good to knit for others who need a helping hand. Keeping my hands busy keeps the mind from overthinking, if you know what I mean. I want to finish up the Kroy socks and then leap into the Sockapaloooza pair -- if the yarn order ever shows up, that is. Then I have an idea for Project Spectrum as well, in pink for March. I think all this will be just enough to keep me moving without setting too many expectations on myself. I'm pretty sure that I will see more projects I want to do and Knitalongs that I'd like to join, but I'm going to limit myself to staying right where I am for now. And the sidebar in the blog needs some updating, too. Enough on my plate for now...

Again, thank you for all the support -- the comments and emails really mean a lot. Hope you all are having a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Can I come to your house for dinner?
Am so glad all is well - or getting healthy again.
I've been thinking about you!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home