PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Sockapaloooza Update


So I guess it's time to post for the Sockapaloooza Update...and here's what there is to see. Yes, not much yet, but I'm pretty pleased with it so far, and hope my sock pal will be, too. I like the Susan Bates needles much better than the bamboo ones, also. Things have been rather topsy-turvy around the homefront this weekend, and today we finished and mailed the tax returns. So knitting has not been on the front burner for a few days. But I am looking forward to some good knitting time coming up.

It is still so dry here, I went out today and soaked the young trees in the backyard. I don't want them to dry out too badly. One patch of irises is blooming away and the other is still asleep. The California poppies are starting to bloom and of course the weeds are doing really well. I'll try to get some pictures going this week. (Of the flowers, not the weeds.)

Joe says thank you for the birthday wishes, and the hat is not for sale.

Good thing. I might not find him again if he ever got rid of it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo Ooo pretty pretty! I like your SockapalOOOza sock so far! Is that a rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks? Love the color of that yarn! :)

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the sock already looks so pretty, I love the colorline you chose! I'm looking forward to see more progress photos!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

3:34 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

My metal needles are my favorite for socks too - although I've got Bamboo - I'm faster on the metals....they're pretty special too - my mom gave me all her knitting stuff a few years ago so I have a ton of needles, a really cool 1940's needle case and her stash. I made her a pair of socks a few years ago out of the stash!
But my favorite are the metal dpn's - I use them all the time!!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home