PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Socking good update


The Sockapaloooza Sock is coming along well. I am working on the heel flap and loving the color, the yarn, and the needles. And the pattern. It is the Openwork Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks (of course!), but I altered the pattern just a bit. Instead of a four-row repeat, I am doing a five-row repeat, adding in an extra row of K2P2. I started out doing the pattern as written, then accidentally (or brilliantly) did a few repeats with the extra row. I liked the look a lot more and so now that's the way I'm doing it.

I checked out Ann Budd's hat directions in "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns" and it's no wonder the watchcap came out small. The pattern had 72 stitches cast on and the book calls for 104 to 114 for the same gauge. So I'm going to do the same pattern again but this time use Ann Budd's measurements.

The weather here is cold and windy, with a winter storm watch posted. Is winter finally showing up the weekend before spring break?

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Beautiful sock, Pat. Happy accidents are great, aren't they?

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sock is getting along so fine, I love the color of it and the pattern is amazing as well!!

I hope your winter storm won't be as bad as it sounds - we have our humpfteenth blizzard of the year going on here right now and I'm so sick of it! Where's spring when we need it? :)

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home