PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Little R & R


Just about a year ago we decided to take a trip on this spring break. So we made our reservations, for us and the kids who could get away, and just bided our time. Now it's spring break week, and our ship awaits us...but who could have seen the future and seen how much we actually would end up needing this week away from all the stress of the last four weeks?

So we are off, driving to LA and our embarkation on Monday. Now we are into the major knitting time I planned on.

Goals for the next eleven days until I have to go back to work:

1. Finish the first Sockapaloooza Sock.
2. Finish at least one more (adult-sized) watchcap for 40 Days for Others.
3. Get a whole bunch done on my pink scarf for Project Spectrum.

Now, before you all email me or leave comments, yes I plan on doing some other important things besides the knitting.

1. Spend major, MAJOR time with the old man. High quality and quantity time.
2. Spend some quality time with children. However, given the fact that this is spring break week and some of their aquaintances are also on this cruise, as well as most likely a whole whack of other young adult types, I don't think I'll see that much of them.
3. Spend my early mornings doing laps around the ship.
4. Spending some time in the on-board gym.
5. Eating amazing gourmet meals that I didn't have to cook and that I certainly don't have to clean up after.
6. Finding chocolate on my pillow at night.
7. Walking my way around Catalina Island, San Diego, and wherever. Maybe finding a yarn shop? Or two?
8. Spending lots of time doing a favorite activity -- time on deck with knitting, a book, maybe a Pina Colada, and soaking up sun, fresh air, and the sight of sunlight on water. Water. Lots of water. Water as far as the eye can see.

See you all again in about a week.

P.S. Yes, the hat is coming, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Have a wonderful time, Pat! Have a Pina Colada for me!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh - I'm jealous too, verrry jealous indeed! :) Do have a wonderful time, tell the sun "Hello" from me, and take good care while being away!

3:32 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

bon voyage

enjoy the time ......away

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home