PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Preztel Man

Joe came home from work today and decided to try something he has always wanted to do: make pretzels.

Boiling the shaped pretzels.

Sprinkling coarse salt on the boiled dough.

The baked pretzels.


I, on the other hand, spent the day nursing a cold and cough, and watching a family of quail in the backyard. The cold bug has been going through the house and everyone decided on a pot of homemade chicken soup for dinner.

Homemade pretzels actually go pretty well with chicken soup.

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I hope you and yours feel better soon, Pat. I think pretzels go well with almost everything -- even chocolate frosting -- especially soup. Good call. And what a fun little parade of quail you've got there...do you live near a wildlife area or are they just the normal yard birds in your neck of the woods?

5:36 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Hope you are feeling better - We have a family of Quail in the neighborhood too - aren't they fun!
I love to listen to them calling back and forth!
Rest and knit!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Mmmm the pretzels look great. That's something I have on my list of things I'd like to do this year.
Feel better!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Yum! The pretzels look great! I have made bagels, but not pretzels. The technique looks the same...I'll have to try it!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home