PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Good Afternoon

I got off work early today. Lucky, lucky me!! This afternoon is just gorgeous and a person can hardly stay inside with the sun so bright outside!

So I got to do one of my favorite things. Wash the sheets and hang them outside to dry in the breeze. They dry so fast and smell so wonderful once they are brought back in. All the time I have lived in Arizona, I have hung sheets and clothes outside, just for the crisp way they feel and the good outdoors smell that they get.

Does anyone else feel the same way about this that I do?

The raised bed on the right is starting to sprout marigolds, lemon balm, oregano, and possibly some parsley.

Here is a picture of the backyard as it looks now, still kind of sparse but starting to really get going.




Some of these flowers are considered weeds out here, but who cares? They loook pretty good to me!


This last photo is of the backyard looking south from the patio. You can see the mountains over the top of the shed. It looks much better in person.

Not much knitting has been done with the work schedule what it is. Any time I have is spent on the Sockapaloooza Socks. My conscience will be clear once they are done!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Ahhh...one of my favorite childhood memories. The crisp sheets full of the wonderful outdoors smell that I crawled into every Wednesday night for as long as I lived in my parents' home. Sigh. I'm looking forward to getting our sheets out on the line in a couple of weeks. I've just made the switch from flannel sheets, and the pollen is too high right now for the cotton sheets to be out on the line....but give me a couple of weeks--by 1st week of May, I hope, and I'll be right there with ya!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, such beautiful, colorful pics, and I can't get over your gorgeous blue sky - it's snowing again here, so every glimpse I can get of a blue sky is heaven for me, even if it's just on a photo!
Like you, I absolutely love hanging the sheets outside in summer, the fresh smell just can't be beaten - and then sleeping in them at night, that's just heaven!

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to hang my sheets on the clothesline. They do smell wonderful when your bring them in. All your flowers are so pretty!

4:01 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

I can't believe you have all those colors already - I do have green grass from all the recent rain - but that's about it!! Lucky You. I love sheets dried outside - don't have a line anymore - I miss that!!

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home