PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So Whatcha Been Doin'?


Well, for one thing, I've been working on the Jaywalkers, round 2. I have gone up a needle size but haven't changed anything else. And it looks like they will fit this time -- knock on wood. The color sequence seems to be working better, as well. I am about 20 repeats into the leg.




I've decided that it's time to really knuckle down on the Simple Stripes Sweater. (Yes, Veronica, Grandma's finally going to finish your sweater.) I finished off the front and, rather than going straight to the sleeves, I joined the right front shoulders and am going to do the collar before I do anything else. The instructions don't tell you to do the collar until the sleeves are done and all the seams are sewn, but I don't want to do the collar in the round. I want to knit it while I can still stretch the piece out. And by the way, there are a few mistakes in the copy I printed out of the pattern. On the front piece, you leave 28 instead of 26 stitches on the holder for the front of the neck, and on the right shoulder shaping, the pattern should read "Row 1: K1, SSK, knit across" instead of SSP.



And since I haven't done so in a while, here's a sky picture for Sandy.

Many patterns are calling my name these days. I'm seeing a lot on the internet that is whispering my name and saying, Make me, make me. And yarn is thowing itself at me as well. Look, look, look, it says. I think there is going to be some serious yarn purchasing in the near future. Well, maybe not so serious. But not sock yarn. So far I am being a poster child for the SYAC. But I think that I will eventually be doomed on that as well. See, we will be doing some travelling the end of May-first half of June, and you know that sock yarn makes a great travel souvenir.


Finally, the garden is posing for April in Project Spectrum.




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color you are using for your Jaywalkers! Truly lovely.

I had the same problem with size that you are having. I was doing Feather and Fan socks. I gave it a rest and I'll try again next pair with slightly bigger needles.

Hope you have good luck with yours.

Dee from www.thedailystitch.blogspot.com

1:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Love your Jaywalker colors! And the Simple Stripes colors are so juicy sweet! I've got seeds, but not in the ground, so no flowers yet. heh My husband keeps saying "It's only April, we have time."

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Love the way your Jaywalkers are striping!

Spring is so great!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the colors of your jaywalkers and the sweater looks like it's coming along great can't wait to see it once it's finsihed!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Ooooo, very successful Jaywalker this time. I love it. And your flowers are lovely.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the Jaywalkers will be going along just fine this time, just knit and see! :)
And I do love how the Simple Stripes Sweater looks so far, such cheerful colors - just like the spring photos, a feast for the eyes!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I love the Jaywalker - very nice colors! I also was hoping to be good on SYAC, but stumbled this weekend and took advantage of the free day. I agree - it would be hard to travel and not buy souvenir sock yarn!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Jaywalker sock yarn is bee-u-ti-ful! And perfect for that pattern,

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home