PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

SOCKS!!


Joe called me at work this afternoon. There was a package in the mail, exactly sock sized!! I could hardly wait to get home. And here's what I've been waiting for, beautiful socks by Martha "SongBird" at http://revsongbird.typepad.com/set_free. Aren't they beautiful? And can you believe that these are only her second pair of socks?





She also sent me this sweet potholder which I know she must have made herself. Plus postcards from Maine, a place I have been to exactly once, and it was a long time ago, at that. Martha, thank you so much, you are the best!




Here are the socks being modeled. Don't you just love those blues?? I had asked for one of two color choices -- fall colors or blues and greens of the ocean -- and these shades of blue are perfect for the colors of the ocean water. And they feel wonderful -- they haven't come off my feet yet. Only one thing is missing. Martha, tell me please, what yarn and colorway you used, because I want more of this yarn!


Joe has been working on the camper all day, getting it ready for a ten-day trip later this month. He insisted that I pose with the socks, and I was more than happy to oblige. The socks are going on vacation with us as it is, so why not show them what's in store?

In other socky-news, I got my gold star from the SYAC for not buying any sock yarn during the month of April. I don't know that it will continue through May, however. I may have to use a free day. And June? I can't think that far ahead.

The box from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Stash arrived yesterday. Of course I was working a 14+ hour day and didn't get to see it until late at night. You will have to wait until tomorrow to see what came in it. And what yarn is begging to stay at my house. Heh heh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

That looks like a Trekking yarn to me...those tweedy color changes. What great socks, Pat! And pretty nice gams there too, girl!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe how gorgeous the blues of the socks are - certainly nothing to get the blues about, but to dance with joy! I absolutely love your sock-modeling session, the pic with your feet hanging out from the car is priceless! :)

12:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is indeed Trekking XXL. I told my daughter you liked either Autumn or Ocean colors, and we picked out the yarn together. It was a delight to watch it change and grow.
I must admit that I am not a seamstress. The potholder came from a little store that sells items made here in Maine. Blueberries are as representative of Maine as lobsters and potatoes, and my daughter's hand was involved in the choosing here, too!
On the postcards, Deering Oaks Park is a short walk from our house. I had lunch in Monument Square just the other day, with a pretty similar view from an outdoor table to the one you see on the postcard. And Portland Head Light, in a neighboring seaside suburb, is one of those must-see tourist destinations, truly lovely.
Thank you so much for posting the pictures; I'm glad the socks worked out so well!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful. Love that last picture!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

How fun to see socks I've watched grow on arrive at their destination! The final pose, in particular, is wonderful.

4:57 AM  
Blogger see-through faith said...

love these :) be blessed as you skip along :)

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home