PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Socks, They Do A'Travelling Go



It's pouring in Boston this fine Saturday morning, so I'm taking the time to download all my digital pictures to the computer and to update everyone on our continuing travels. Actually, we haven't seen the sun since we arrived on Wednesday, but according to the weather service, we should start drying out tomorrow.

On Thursday we went to Groton, New London, and Mystic on the coast. The Trekking sock was quite pleased to have its picture taken at the beach, being overcome by all the rain and water after it's birth in the desert. Everyone else in the party was also overcome by all the water, although we were fortunate to only encounter minor sprinkles that day.



Lunch was at the famous "Mytic Pizza", a movie I have heard of but never seen. In fact, none of us in the family has seen it, so I imagine we will have to rectify that situation one of these days.



Whatever the merits (or lack of) there may be in the movie, the food here was excellent. The pizza was among the best and the fried calamari was the best I have ever had.

Yesterday we went to the Boston Museum of Science. Such places are always fascinating, and good for several hours of entertainment. We also finally went out to see Wellesley, DIL's Alma Mater. What a beautiful, beautiful campus. My pictures do not do it justice. I think that if I had gone to school here, I would never have left.







Also for you Harry Potter fans, note carefully the doorway and what's written inside it.

Now, if only the rain would hurry up and stop.

8 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

It takes a lot of rain to keep things green. I was in mystic when it was sunny, 99 degrees, and 98% humidity. the robins were panting. You picked a wonderful time to visit!!

Do see Mystic Pizza. Julia Robert's first movie. (She knits, you know. Not in the movie, in real life.)

The sock is blue-tiful!

6:32 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh Mystic pizza. We are jealous, Al and I. I used to love that movie. Your socks are so lovely. Keep up the blues.

6:38 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

yes, its too green here on the east coast..... (I am in NYC)
I'd love to visit AZ one day.
nice pattern for the Trekk.
what is it?

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Mysic pizza! The reastuant not the movie. You and the sock sure are doing lots of trekking!

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you were (are?) in Providence?? We could have met up for some local Amazing Lace knitting!

Wellesley IS a beautiful campus. I lived/worked there for two summers. I've seen none lovelier.

Have a good rest of the trip! I hope you're still out here -- it's finally nice weather.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great time it seems you had, I loved all the pics so much!
Hm, "Mystic Pizza" - may I say that it was one heck of a boring, mindless movie? (Hopefully no one attempts to kill me now for saying that?) Of course it's always one's personal opinion, so I'd say, better go see it one day and get your own opinion!
I have my fingers crossed over here that you'll be getting nice weather soon - you know this song, "It can't rain all the time"?
Love your Trekking sock by the way, such gorgeous colors!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Great shot of the sock at the beach!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Beautiful beautiful photos of your travels - beautiful colorway you've got there for your Trekking sock, and I've seen Mystic Pizza! Julia Roberts. Long long LONG LONG time ago. :)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home