PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Evening Sky



Which I shall post in lieu of Saturday Sky, since there is a total dearth of knitting content around here at present.

Who in their right mind decides that December is the month for mandatory job training and for major assignments? I am not getting done with the project any time soon and I suppose I will eventually have to bring work home and do it on my own time, which frosts me no end. The job right now is dominating my every waking moment and this is not the way I wanted to head towards Christmas. Stress right now just does not cut it for me.

And then, come January, we are moving to a new building. It promises to be a disaster on both fronts; the move and the new building. I am told that it really is poorly designed and less functional than the current building; I made my voice heard early in the planning stages, but some architect has designed his idea of the perfect layout and has ignored all practical concerns. I have saved a lot of the emails I sent, so that when the inevitable cry is heard of "Why didn't you say something?", I can whip up the copies of the emails and cry "I did"! Hopefully at least the plumbing and heating systems work better than they do now.

So have I done any knitting at all? Yes, this morning, from 4:30 to 4:45. At this rate, nothing is getting finished. And I ordered more red yarn for the Red Scarf Project because I really would like to do something substantial for this. And it's very discouraging. You all are so kind to patiently listen. And since I know that you don't visit to hear my work rants, I shall cease and desist, and hopefully next post there will be some knitting content to share. Heaven knows I need some stress relief.

Buddy had his shots today. He did not like them. But he's not afraid to ride in the car any more. He and Big Cat were snoozing together in the sunshine this morning, according to Joe; I wish he'd taken a picture. Now if we could just get Little Cat to come around...

4 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Can you take a minute - just a minute - to lie down in the sunshine with Buddy and Big Cat? Pause and appreciate your position as alpha female of your domestic pack and pride. Now remember how that feels, and take it in to work. Visit that feeling frequently for a rest from office crap.

All these upsets are planned by trolls who have no real joy in life and resent others who do. Don't let them win. continue to find joy in spite of their madness.

Blessings, peace, and many sweet sunrises to you!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'm sending you best wishes to help you in getting thru the holidays with all that's on you, I'll be thinking of you! And what a darling dog Buddy is...you have a big heart! (But then, he appears such a sweetie, it'd be easy to let him in, I can tell!)
((((hugs))))

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning pics, thanks for sharing!

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully things get easier at work and you carve out some more knitting time! Love the pics!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home