PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Cat Enhancement

Last Monday (has it really been ten days since I've posted?) we went to town to do a bunch of shopping (think Costco, Trader Joe's, etc) and to see Annie's new apartment. Annie has a very nice apartment now, and a new roommate. You've met Big Cat and Little Cat; now meet Baby Cat. This is Kyra, the latest in family cat enhancement. (Come on, you know everyone needs a little cat enhancement now and then.)

Of course there was also stash enhancement of the usual type. The last shopping stop of the day was at Purls, where I got lost in the Cascade 220 display. I think every single color was there. I wanted to pick out yarn for stranded mittens and hats ala Elizabeth Zimmerman and Meg Swanson, for the trip to Alaska in the fall.

Dark red and green with ecru as the contrasting color.





Dark gray with light gray for the mister.



And about 1400 yards of Malabrigo laceweight. I'm thinking possibly a retry on the Icarus Shawl and maybe a scarf from Victorian Lace Today. But there are so many options out there. Decisions, decisions. I'm going to let it marinate a bit and see what comes to mind.



Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Kyra, Baby Cat is so adorable. All ears right now!

pat, do I have your snail mail addy?

7:54 PM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

That pussy cat sure is cute! Love your new yarn purchases - I'm curious what the hat will look like. I'm going to Alaska too - but late Spring.

10:51 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

Awww baby cat is so cute!

Great stash enhancement. I can't wait to see what you choose for the lace.

5:30 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Love baby kitties. Much better than anti-depressants.

Beautiful yarns! Knit on!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home