PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Heart Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! I decided to make today the day I give out the Nice Matters Award, and I give it out to everybody -- all my blog readers and all the bloggers that I read! I know that all the bloggers I visit regularly are as nice as can be, and I'm certain that anyone who reads Pumpkinknitter on a regular basis is as nice as can be, too! I just couldn't pick certain blogs and not others. I know that I enjoy linking to new blogs, and I listed a bunch a little while ago with the "You Make My Day" awards -- I've added some new blogs to my Bloglines as well, with all the awards going around. All of you reading this are wonderful friends and talented knitters. I heart you all!

I treated myself this week to some Valentine gifts for myself. I picked up a knitter's bag to carry around sock knitting. Isn't this an eyeful? I love the bright colors. It has a belt clasp and a row counter attached.

Here's a shot of the inside. All I need is some sock yarn and needles inside it. I hadn't put a new sock on the needles since finishing the Mystery Socks; seems like I stopped feeling the sock love for a little bit. But receiving - and wearing - my sock swap socks got the sock juices flowing again and I've cast on for a new pair. No pictures yet, but soon.

I also treated myself to some sock/fingering yarn. My LYS has gotten in a bunch of Crystal Palace. They never carried it before but now there is plenty to tempt me. I got four balls of this Panda Cotton in Dotty Grape. I want to make one or two things for the grandbabies with this. Matching scarves and/or socks? Gloves? A hat or two? We'll see what the yarn wants to become.

I also got this Panda Wool in the Menswear colorway for me. I fell completely in love with the green and gold colors. This is enough for a good pair of socks for me. Right now I'm leaning towards Nancy Bush's Traveler's Stockings. But I might find something else I like on Ravelry. We'll have to see what this yarn wants to become as well.

Nana sat up today (in a wheelchair) for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. Thank you all for all your support and prayers, they all really mean a great deal to us. Have a wonderful and loving Valentine's Day!



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

OMG - i LOVE the bag!! Where did you get it...I too deserve a Valentine Gift to myself. Really!!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

A new project bag - what a great treat for yourself! Love your new yarns - particularly the purple/cream yarn. Wonderful news about your Nana.

8:02 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Love that menswear colorway. Subtle, interesting, not so busy it will detract from your stitchwork, but varied enough to hold your interest. Excellent choice!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yummy yarns - I love Panda Cotton! I've dyed both for Twist - the little white bit makes it very interesting!

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love the menswear colorway, but especially the knitter's bag. How beautiful! Wherever did you find it?

vtcjan at yahoo dot com

11:21 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What a lovely blog button and sentiment...and the yarns are so cool!
(((hugs)))

12:44 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Lovely!
Yummy!
You sure know how to treat yourself right! What could be better than a new bag o' yarn!!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home