PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Roses Bloom

The roses are blooming. Spring must really be here! Everywhere you look the flowers are going mad. Now, if only the wind would stop blowing. It dries out the buds before they can even bloom. But enough roses still bloom to make a wonderful sight.





Knitting has been hit and miss. I am just about through with thank you cards and organizing paperwork, etc. I've started the second Norwegian mitten, but it's slow going. I'm just not very fast with this two-color pattern business. But I really like the result, so I'll continue to plod away. I get a kick out of looking at the finished mitten and thinking, Wow, I really made this.



Work has been pretty busy the last couple weeks. I've been very careful with the arm and only get a few twinges in the elbow once in a while. But I haven't been able to knit much with very little down time available, so the Entrelac scarf is only growing slowly.

Joe and I are taking the weekend off and heading for the coast for a couple days. We wanted some time alone just to relax and regroup after the last month. Fatigue has been a big issue, especially for him, and a few days of wining and dining and ocean breezes sounds like the very ticket. The weather promises to be perfect, so it's time to grab a suitcase and head out. See you next week!

8 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

You deserve a little time off. Have a lovely weekend. Hope there's knitting.

7:19 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Have a wonderful time and enjoy the break! The ocean sounds like a lovely place to be.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Have a great break, but come back for more flower photos - those roses are gorgeous!
(((hugs)))

5:35 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Your entrelac is so gorgeous. Enjoy the rest both of you!

6:09 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Oh take time to stop and sniff the roses! The mittens are stunning! You do such wonderful work. And the entrelac scarf rocks!

Have fun at the coast. Sit and just listen to the ocean for at least an hour.

7:22 AM  
Blogger thegabbyknitter said...

The roses are gorgeous and so are your mitts. Hope you had a great time!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ahh Pat - the roses are so beautiful. I swear that when I opened this post and saw those pictures I could SMELL ROSES. Honest.

And I really really love the colors in your Entrelac scarf. Just gorgeous. It's fun, huh? :)

6:59 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Roses? No fair! Enjoy those ocean breezes!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home