PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Acquisitioning



It's been a busy week. Nana has come home from the care center. There has been much traveling to pharmacies, medical supply stores, and the grocery. Furniture has been significantly rearranged. There are discharge instructions and physical therapy routines. But she is considered to be in good shape and totally ready to resume normal activities.


The busy week fortunately did not extend to the office. It was quite slow this week; probably a good thing as everything else was somewhat demanding. I got a good bit done on the Brick House socks while trying not to fall asleep at my desk. The stripe pattern in the KnitPicks Felici yarn is matching up rather nicely so far. (This picture was taken between massive thunderstorms today.)


There have been library acquisitions. I read through all of these at work this past week. (As I said, it was slow. Mind-numbingly slow. I imagine that it will turn around soon and become impossibly busy soon.) I'm beginning to grasp the principles of construction that EZ used. And it makes perfect sense, especially the percentage system for sweaters. Amazing.

And there was sock yarn acquisition as well. This is all Wildfoote sock yarn. I want to knit some solid color socks with intricate patterning as well as some multiple color socks, Folk Socks style. But I'm making myself wait until I've finished up the Welsh Country Stockings.


In between knitting and reading some fall housecleaning is going on. Amazing what stuff accumulates in the back of the kitchen cupboards. And no, I don't keep any yarn there. But I could with the space I've cleared out so far. Hmmmmm.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Glad to hear Nana is home and getting settled in...
(re-Zimmerman book)--she was pretty mathmatical, eh? I'm currently working on the BSJ and keep thinking about how clever she was....

4:01 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

I just received the Knitters Almanac in the mail today - there is a cute baby sweater I wanted to explore. (I ripped the BSJ - too heavy yarn) I've used the percentage system - it works great. Look at The Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee - it is based on the EZ system and has great ideas too.
Glad Nana is doing better - as my very proper Mom used to say "Getting Old Sucks!"

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Nana is doing better and is at home.

Love the socks! Great fall colors.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Nana is home and feeling better again - all the very best to her!
Oh, and that's some goodie stuff that you got for yourself - the books look highly interesting, and that sock yarn... awww, yummy colors! Enjoy knitting with it!

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home