PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dejinxed



I have conquered! The Trekking Socks are finished (see below) and I am totally pleased with the result. The fit is excellent, and I know I will enjoy wearing these as soon as fall arrives. So I rewarded myself today by casting on with the Socks That Rock yarn. Can a person have more than one favorite sock yarn? I'm barely an inch into the first sock tonight and I can see where all the praise for STR comes from. I LOVE this yarn! I'm doing the Lichen Ribbed Sock from Knitting Vintage Socks; this is the first Nancy Bush pattern I am knitting.

And for Roxie, so that the suspense is over, I have taken the cone of mohair/wool/nylon (60%/25%/15%) and have cast on for Miriam Felton's Icarus Shawl, from IK Summer 06. I think this is going to be really fun to knit as well.

I am finding that as time goes on and I try more and different things, my pleasure in what I am knitting is becoming greater and more absorbing. The nuances of colors and the interplay of patterns is growing more addictive and more creatively satisfying. The infinite variety of sock yarns and patterns, lace yarns and patterns, and even MDK garter stitch...so much to knit, so little time!

5 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Ooooh, Icarus will fly with downy feathers! You brave and patient woman! What a gorgeous, gorgeous shawl that will be.

And the trekking socks! You could wear those while wading and be invisible to the fish! You can put them on in the midst of the dyiest day and feel as if your feet have just stepped into a piece of the ocean - maybe the blue Carribbean, maybe the cool blue Pacific . . . Send your feet on a vacation and your heart will follow!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Ok..I gotta try that STR yarn, that's just all there is to it! Love the colors in that!
(((hugs)))

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on conquering the sock! Can't wait to see how that STR knits up. Have a great weekend!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nea said...

Love the STR colorway you are using.
Also thanks for your comment, my response is here.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are going to look fabulous with that gorgeous STR yarn that you're using, I'm looking forward to seeing more of them with that pattern you're using! Same goes for the shawl, it's going to be a real beauty!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home