PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Creative Day

So what did I do on my Sunday "Creative Day"?


I went to church in the morning and SANG with the choir.


I bought some herbs and peppers and PLANTED a little garden plot.



I PICKED some plums before the birds got to them.



I started to PAINT a paint-by-number.



I KNIT on squares for afghans.



I teamed up with Michael and we COOKED Joe a Father's Day dinner: red potatoes with butter and parsley, shrimp cocktail, salad, grilled rib eye steak, grilled nectarines.


What I tried NOT to do was brood about job issues. The only other individual applying for the position was flown in from out east today for her interview tomorrow. I still do not have an interview scheduled. I am trying not to let this bother me. I am plugging myself into my IPOD (which the kids got me for my birthday) and am charging on with anything to keep myself busy.


I am only being partially successful.


But I am feeling rather creative in a multitude of ways. Now, if I can just keep Buddy out of the herb mini-garden.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Pumpkin, if it's not the right job for you, then something better is coming right along. But it sounds as if the HR department is just going through a few of the motions so they can say you were hired with all due process.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Well Pumpkin, let me remind you about the sovereignty of God. His plan is always PERFECT for you and He knows things that you do not about this job situation.

Philippians 4:6,7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

9:34 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh Pat,

May your heart be calmer as the job prospect looms.

It looks like your square is out of fixation? My log cabin is as well. I am so worried that it is curling a bit. Do I see the finished square in your shot, curling a bit. I am SO relieved.

Will blocking cure this? Should I be worried?? help help

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home