PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Buddy of the Grand Canyon

Hey, everybody, this is Buddy. Buddy of the Grand Canyon. My Mom is pretty busy today, what with going to the grocery and doing lots of stuff she calls "laundry". She's also doing a lot of muttering about vacuuming up cat hair and how much can one dog shed, anyways. (Ooops.) And between you and me, I don't think she's real happy about going back to work tomorrow. She did mention something to Dad about probably having her job inteview sometime next week. But anyways, since she's so busy, she told me that I could write the "Walk With Me Wednesday" post this week. So I'm going to tell you all about my adventures at the place Mom and Dad called the Grand Canyon.


I got to go with Mom and Dad when they went camping two weeks ago. I was pretty nervous in the car; after all, somebody did dump me in the desert once, last year. But then we got to the campground and it was really cool. I got to sleep in the camper and there were lots of other dogs there too. I never went on vacation before but now I like it a lot. I would like to go camping again sometime.



We went walking and saw a really big hole in the ground. Boy, would I like to meet the dog that dug this one!
Mom and Dad took me for lots of walks on the rim trail. I wanted to go on the Bright Angel trail, but dogs aren't allowed to do that. Funny, though, they let mules go on the trail. And they poop a lot more than I do!
We went for some walks that were three or four miles long. Mom said it was to make me get tired so that I would't keep pestering her all the time to take me for another walk. She said she wanted to read her book and to do some more of that knitting thing. A total waste of time, if you ask me.
Maria came to join us on the weekend and she went for some of the walks, too. She and Dad went for a walk below the rim that I couldn't go on. Boy, I was glad I didn't go on that walk! They saw a skunk and a rattlesnake! A BIG one!! It was on the trail and it rattled at Dad and Dad heard it and he jumped and then stopped to see where the snake was. The snake was on the trail but then it went away and didn't come back. I think the snake just did not want Dad to step on him so it gave him plenty of warning.
I guess you have to be really careful under the rim.
But I did try to meet some new friends on my walks by the campground. I wanted to make friends with this elk, but then I got scared and went back to the camper. Mom went walking on the rim near the Village (without me!!) just before eight a.m. and saw a mountain lion walking a little ways off the trail in the forest. She went to the ranger station to report it because that is what you are supposed to do. The rangers said that they were going to go look for it and try to chase it away from the Village area if it was still there.
I had so many walks and so many adventures that I could hardly keep my eyes open. Do you think Dad will notice if I go to sleep in his bed?
I hope Mom and Dad take me again next year. So tune in then for another exciting adventure of Buddy of the Grand Canyon!



Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Buddy, I envy you and your vacation! Do you know mountain lions are very elusive and hard to find even when you're looking? How wonderful to spot one!

8:36 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh Buddy,

You are so beautiful. And witty. And smart. I enjoy your posts ...and I love camping as well.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home