PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, May 07, 2007

In the Doldrums

What would I do without you all? I've been in this general funk and haven't been blogging or knitting much, yet I find so much inspiration in visiting all of you and reading about all your adventures. It reminds me that this funk, too, shall pass and I will once again get back that knitting mojo. (It may help that I am only scheduled for forty hours at work this week, and that a four day weekend is coming up, and that we are gaining a solid, experienced new person into the office next week -- hope I haven't jinxed anything by saying this.)



But what will get me off my duff and moving again is the fact that Laura is collecting afghan squares for a family in Greensburg, KS -- if you aren't already involved in something and could come up with an eight inch square or two, why not join in? I was hoping that someone in Blogland would get something going for knitters and now Laura has. Wouldn't it be thoughtful to send a family -- or two or three or twenty -- a hand knit afghan from knitters across the country?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

I am so sorry about the funk....it happens! Sometimes I get so worn out that I just sit in my chair and stare at the TV without taking anything in and without even knitting....
Hang in there!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Pat, thank you so very much for the link! I appreciate your help so much.

I know it's a drag to be so mentally overloaded that you can't get motivated to do your beloved hand work - whatever it is. I always know things are bad when I don't have the gumption to knit. Hopefully it will help to have the newly hired persn there! I hope they're brilliant and helpful great at their jobs and they stay for ever and ever! :)

10:47 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

It's ok Pat. Sometimes everyone needs some down time. Breathe in. Breathe out. Pray. Love your husband. There, you have covered the essentials. Anything over and above that is ginger in the cake.

6:06 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

OH Pat

I'm sorry about the GF.

You really pulled me through this winter with your sunny photos. I'll see what I can drum up for you here that is sunny.

The office help will take awhile you know, but the light is at the end of the tunnel.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home