PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday Garden

I actually have a Saturday off! A four day weekend, in fact. Badly needed, of course; funny to find that I wasn't the only one at work tired. Others were having trouble remembering the punch door combinations as well. Across the board fatigue is not a healthy work environment. But it's the WEEKEND!

The weather is gorgeous here today! I hurried off to Home Depot this morning and got flowers for the yard -- none to soon, as they were already pretty picked over. See the front porch border before...





...and after.





Zinnias for a pot that used to hold a cactus.






And the roses are getting ready to bloom. In this warm sunshine, one can almost see the petals getting ready to unfurl. There will be roses tomorrow for Easter.






Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Happy Easter, Pat! Enjoy that garden.

6:06 AM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

I don't even have a tulip blooming yet!! But am planting peas today!
Enjoy the four days and have a very wonderful Easter!

8:24 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

I love your photos! So glad you are getting some rest. Maybe you and Buddy can take a leisurely wandering walk and sniff the spring air together.

6:12 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

I am so jealous of your warmth and sunshine. It will of course, come to Chicago sometime but it is hard to wait through our current set back, and cold snap.

Oh well. It isn't the first Cub opener that was cold!

I love your rose image.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful garden! I can't wait until the weather warms up here so I can start on mine. Hope you had a great Easter!

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your gardening photos are definitely inspiring! We're having almost summer-like weather over here these days, so mind you, the time is right now to devote the next couple of days to gardening - and I'm sooo looking forward to that ;)

11:36 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Beautiful rosebud!...(makes me want to lean in and take a sniff of rosy goodness....)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home