PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Beanies for Preemies



Since I had finished up the hats I wanted to knit for Ann for 40 Days For Others, and it's still Lent (and technically, 40 Days is still in effect), I offered to knit some preemie hats for Julie, who is collecting them between now and April 15. She's offering sock yarn as a prize, too. I've been spending every spare moment on these, but as the picture shows, there have not been too many spare moments. (Drat the fact that I have to work in order to eat.) However, what I can do, I will do, and I will be mailing off whatever I can finish next week. I went and got some Bernat baby yarn at Walmart, and I am enjoying working on these; I just wish I could find more time. Once these are done, it will be time to give hat knitting a break and go back to work on already-started socks and blankies. I wish I had blogged about this earlier, in case anyone else wanted to join in.

Maybe I can get some more knitting in yet tonight.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

What lovely preemie hats! My oldest daughter, now 22 years old, was a preemie and little preemie things were almost non-existent back then. We had to special-order diapers! The babies who receive these beanies will stay toasty warm and their mothers will be thrilled.

11:04 PM  
Blogger margene said...

So many cute hats and for a wonderful cause.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Oh, what lovely hats! BTW -- your hats came today. They'll go with me to church tomorrow to give to the C4 gal in my choir. Nice work, Pat!

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, these are so cute - beautiful pattern and colour!

9:43 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I can tell you how very much the premie caps are appreciated. What a great thing to do for Lent. Happy Easter

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home