PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Walk In The Jungle Wednesday

Daughter Annie frequently tells me that I take more pictures of scenery (and knitting) than I do of people. There is some truth to this. I love taking pictures of the Grand Canyon, and mountains, and sunsets, and water. To me, getting a digital camera was the greatest thing since sliced bread, since it meant that I could play to my heart's content with light and composition. I've never taken any sort of photography class, just played around until I think I've learned a thing or two about seas and skies and canyons and the sunlight. By the way, the pictures in the last post were: top, pre-dawn at sea; middle, sunset at sea; bottom, mid-morning from shore looking out to sea. Three different days. But when it came to photographing the jungle, I was at a loss. The scenery was too overwhelming for me and my eyes had a hard time visualizing light and subject and composition. Too bad I won't be able to repeat the experience, as I'm sure the jungle teams with photographic opportunities. There was just too much and I had trouble isolating individual features. But I did do my best.

By the way, is this a knitting blog or what? Next time, some finished objects.














Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Digital cameras are *so* amazing, aren't they? If I think back to the times when you couldn't instantly see what kind of photos you did and had to have them developed first, paying insane prices for that and then often ending up with shots that were so not what you intended them to be - and now things are so easy, you'll take a pic, watch it on the display, decide whether it's good or not, if it's not what you wanted you can easily go back immediately to take another, better pic of the particular object - heaven indeed. And I adore your pics, you know that ;)

11:34 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Great Jungle shots! I love that last one, with the twisty tree root snaking around...

4:56 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Photographing jungles is almost like learning a new language. I think you are getting the roots down quite nicely.

6:10 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Who cares about knitting when we can see such exotic walks!? ;-)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Jungle pictures!

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home