PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Casting on the Twosies



I've finished my first project for 40 Days. I whipped up a little hat in the Live Dangerously-No Swatching pattern, using up some leftover Encore worsted in the process. I ran a bit short at the end and used some of the leftover Fun Fur from the chemo caps to finish it off. Joe says it looks silly, but I choose to disagree.




I also finished his first Welsh Country Stocking. It fits him perfectly; however, he is complaining that the heel feels funny. Since he normally wears tube-type socks, or else socks with very plain heels, the double-thick shaped heel probably does feel unusual. I'm telling him that he'll get used to it. I'd hate to think that I'm putting the effort into these socks that he may decide he doesn't want to wear. And they certainly won't fit me!


So today I decided to cast on for all the number two portions of the projects at hand. At the top is Fetching Mitt Number Two; on the left is the 40 Days Hat Number Two, and on the right is the Welsh Country Stocking Number Two.



And because I'm going a little crazy longing for some spring-like color, I cast on another little number. Socks for me in shades of yellow, blue, and lilac. Who cares if it will soon be too warm for wool socks? It's the colors to cheer my soul.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Can't wait to see how that Trekking colorway comes out Pat! All your knits look so great - you're way ahead of me. :)

1:32 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Oh, that Welsh Country Stocking is handsome!

6:04 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Oh that Welsh stocking is wonderful! Lucky Joe! And don't worry about it being too warm to wear your pretty wool socks. You'll still need them for those chilly desert nights.


The hat IS silly. Silly is very, very good! I approve of the hat most heartily. It will delight the heart of someone somewhere, and bring smiles to everyone who sees her wearing it.

7:48 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

pat

the hat is sooooo cute. ! I love it.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the hat looks cute! Love the color of the trekking!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home