PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

February 007







February, at least in Southeast Arizona, is Quilt Show Time. All the yearly shows take place in February. Perhaps it's because it's the last gasp before the winter residents start heading back for the northern states; perhaps it's because the weather is properly condusive; perhaps it's just because it's February, dang it all, and everybody needs something bright and wonderful to look at and lift the spirits.




I belonged to a quilt guild for several years. I learned a lot and made a lot of small quilts, almost all of which were given away. I have a couple of the small wallhangings still in my house. They are both hand pieced and hand quilted; both of them made their appearance in February Quilt Shows. This one hangs in the living room and was made from scraps of Barbara's quilt.









Another one was done during a "blue and green" phase. At one quilt show I demonstrated hand piecing with this quilt; two years later the completed quilt hung in the same show in February. Do you notice that I have a decided preference for squares and triangles? Two inch squares being the size I prefer.





There are several quilts still in the works. Two need quilting; three are in various stages of being pieced. This quilt will one day be a queen sized bed quilt, done in fabrics filled with flowers, leaves, and various bird and insect prints. Can you see the bumblebee in the flowers?


Perhaps I need to do some piecing on this quilt. Certainly the flowers would make me feel like spring.




(P.S.: There would have been a lot more fabric eye candy on this post, but Blogger wouldn't allow any more pictures. I was hoping the new Blogger version was going to fix that problem. Guess not.)



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, these quilts are absolutely awesome - I'm really impressed!

3:22 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Lovely, lovely work! I am so impressed that you are hand-piecing! Thanks for the eye-candy!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilts! I wish I could sew better!

3:31 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

those are beautiful!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Gorgeous quilts!
((hugs))

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home