PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Walk With Me Wednesday



May, already. Last week was a total bust for blogging, although I did manage to keep up pretty well on my Bloglines. Work was every bit as hectic as I anticipated; the sock knitting that I carry to work got almost nothing done on it, and at night I was too tired to do anything except garter stitch on Felicity's blanket.




But I did get a four day weekend!



Saturday we went down the mountains with some friends, and I did get a bit of a walk in after dinner. The day was rather dreary; windy and cloudy, but the rain missed us. The wind and the clouds kept things rather cool, and I had to don a sweatshirt for my walk. Things still look rather drear in the desert, but there are wildflowers to be found amidst the dry grasses.





Those black spots in the bottom picture? Cattle grazing behind one of our friends' house. Not their cattle. But what a view!


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous view Pat! I always feel like I've been on vacation after seeing your photos. :)

6:04 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Yeah, what Laura said! Wonderfully moody landscapes. Beautiful color studies. Can't you see these colors for domestic interiors? Heck, I'm thinking those photos would look great blown up and hung on a wall. You have such a great eye!

6:45 AM  
Blogger margene said...

That sky is so big and so threatening. I think that weather may be headed our way.

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Hope work calms down for you soon so you can get some knitting time in.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

It's amazing how similar this looks to Colorado (west of the Springs)! I'm up in the mountains but when we drive down to Texas this is pretty much the landscaping for much of the way. Thanks for letting us go on a walk with you!

11:54 AM  
Blogger judy said...

Terrific view, thanks for taking us along.

8:40 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wow! You sure get to see some landscape! What a beautiful area, love the fragile wildflowers...

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home