PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Excruciatingly Interminable Waiting Game

After so much determination to not think about anything -- yeah, right -- a sudden onslaught after lunch of phone calls. Are you free this afternoon? Yes. We'll get back to you. Five minutes later. We're going to interview you this afternoon. Okay. Don't know when yet. I'll stand by. Five minutes and three more phone calls later. Be here at 2:45. Okay. Throw on some professional looking clothes. Good thing I got my hair done this morning. Review the job requirements and my qualifications. Shut off the cell phone so it doesn't go off in the middle of things.


Interview. Seems to have gone well. Seems qualifications may entitle a higher starting salary. We'll get back to you.


And now the waiting game.


Can't concentrate on reading. Too jumpy for much knitting. Will I sleep tonight? Who knows? Do I want this too much? At this point, I really don't know what to think anymore. So I try not to think at all. And you all know how well that doesn't work.


I remind myself that I am grateful that I have been able to amass some good experience and good credentials in my work experience. I'm grateful that I do have the capability of applying for jobs requiring more than just average experience. I'm grateful for having the freedom to apply for anything I want and no one can tell me I can't. I'm grateful for a family that supports me in what I do, and encourages in what I want to do.


In other subject matter, I'm still trying to catch up on a couple hundred bloglines. And I got my invitation to Ravelry, but haven't had time to do much of anything with it yet. And I've had to chase Buddy out of the new herb garden a few times already.


The day is ending. And all will be well.




3 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Sometimes they just take too long to decide. A friend thought she didn't get 'the job' she wanted but after two full weeks they called and she had it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

5:07 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Hope you got a good night's rest. All will be well.

Buddy just knows that you need distractions. The herb garden has no intrinsic intrest for him.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I'm too keyed up to knit or read I turn to my wheel. For some reason spinning really helps me relax.

Glad your interview went well. Fingers crossed that you get it!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home