PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

What A Week!

Or week and a half, or whatever. Yes, I've been missing in action, and not even any knitting except a couple rounds on the Trekking socks. Why? Illness on the part of two family members, one of which involving a hospital stay, and numerous needs to drive to doctor appointments and the pharmacy and you name it. Both are slowly improving at this point. Then, the move this week, finally, to the new building, adding more fatigue and mental stress to the fatigue and mental stress already in place. Along with two cars needing to go into the shop. Of course the cars act up now. Pile it on!!

Anyways, that's the blur that the last week has been. Last night I literally collapsed after dinner and slept for twelve hours. And I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday, so hopefully there is a chance here to slow down and take care of me a bit, along with taking care of everybody else.

The move to the new building went smoother, actually, than I expected. A couple of the major safety issues were actually fixed before we got there, thank goodness. My first complaint, however, which was one of the first things fixed when we got there, was to put LOCKS on the bathroom DOORS!! I mean, really!! Our first day actually working there was Saturday and we started working out all the kinks that still exist. Hopefully in a couple weeks we will have it feeling a little more comfortable than it is at this point.

I'm dealing with a lot of fatigue right now and a general funk, but I'm hoping that some decent sleep, some healthy food, a glass of wine or two and some knitting will help bring my spirits up! I've missed posting and blog visiting and knitting. It's amazing how calming and therapeutic it is to follow a regular comforting routine. At least most nights I've been able to walk at least a mile with Buddy and it has certainly been therapeutic. I hope to catch up with blog visiting over the next couple days.

See you all soon!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Do take care of yourself!

4:51 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Blessings on you, Dear Heart! If it's not one thing, it's a whole bunch of things. Prayers for family health and hugs to Buddy.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Margene you must take care of yourself. I hope you get sometime to unwind and knit a little bit.

4:48 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Oh i hope you get lots of rest - yarn/wine therapy sounds like it might help! I'll be thinking of you and hope your family gets better!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Glad to hear that the family members are on the mend...

And, as you say, at least you have been getting some walk time in with Buddy...oh, and the wine helps too.

Take care of yourself Pat, hang in there!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home