PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Walk With Me Wednesday

I have frequently in the past entertained you with pictures of the Canyon in all its splendid breadth and width. This time I thought I would share with you a few pictures of the flora growing wild there that I would see on my walks.


I don't know the name of these flowers, except that the bottom picture is of a Canyon Rose, which actually grows into a not inconsiderable tree all along the Canyon's rim.








What I do recognize, and you will too, is the species called Canyon Fibernut, which can be found somewhere along the rim when it's too hot during the day to hike. Don't you wish you were a Canyon Fibernut too?
Thank you so much for all your kind wishes and support in my job search. It has meant so much to me, to have such good friends that I haven't even met in person. Yet. And I actually did end up relaxing last night and getting a good night's sleep. However, I did get called very late this afternoon and told that after a very difficult decision (don't they always say that?), the position is going to the other applicant. Oddly enough, I don't feel very disappointed right now -- maybe it hasn't sunk in enough yet -- but obviously it wasn't meant to be. I intend to keep looking for something else to do, but I guess for now I'll still be making the best I can of the current job. At least they let me read and knit there.
And all will still be well. Thank you again, my dear friends, for being as supportive as you all have been in the past several weeks. Knitters really are the best.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

For the best I say. The Lord will open a window. I love your flower sharing.

6:11 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Love the pictues! Especially the fibernut.

If you still want the job, write them a nice letter, thank them for their courtesy, and ask them to keep you in mind for possible future positions. The gal who flies in from out of town may decide she can't stand the desert summer and leave before August. I've seen it happen.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!

Sorry you didn't get the job. That just means there's somthing better out there for you!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Wait: you have a job where you can read and knit? Why would you want to leave that? Sounds wonderful! Seriously, good luck with your continued looking.

6:53 PM  
Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

Sorry about the job - but something better will come along where you can knit and read and have fun! Good things take time! Been there done that!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least they called you, rather than leave you hanging, as so many employers do. But this I know...things work out for the best if we give it enough time. In the words of a West Side Story song...something great is coming!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Bliss said...

The right job will come along. I know it's hard to wait, but have faith, okay?

(You take such pretty pictures!)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

There's MUCH to be said for being allowed to read and knit where you ARE!
lol
Best wishes in the hunt!
(((hugs)))

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pics are so beautiful! I'm sorry that things with this job didn't work out - but I'm absolutely sure that something better is waiting for you somewhere along the way! Fingers crossed!

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home