PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Progress

There has been more knitting going on lately. Life is returning to normal, I guess, or whatever passes for normal around here. I've been knitting an Irish Hiking Scarf with some Prairie Silk in blue. This is my take to work knitting these days. Things have been a bit slow there lately...This scarf will probably become a Christmas gift.

I've finished one sock in Austerman Step. I'm very pleased with the result. The sock is in plain stockinette and fits very snugly, just the way I like my socks. The second one is started and it looks like the stripe pattern will match up very nicely.

Both these projects are very portable. The more complicated knits are at-home knitting. It's getting a lot warmer around here these days (mid 90's) and the smaller projects are definitely in order. Today is Barbara's high school graduation. Finally no more kids in the public school systems! I don't think I'm ready for this. It's been a long time coming and sometimes it seemed like it never would. Let the celebration begin!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

Nice looking knits! Congrats to your daughter!

4:51 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

That IHS looks terrific, and I love those colors in the sock. Congratulations to Barbara (and to you!)

5:33 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Great sock in very desert colors. And the Prarie silk scarf is yummy!

Congrats to Barbara!

7:36 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Great scarf for a gift. Just lovely.

Grad congrats!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home