PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Keeping the Spin On



Blogger has been singularly uncooperative with me this week, and since I have been working long and late hours as well, I haven't had the patience to fool with it. Thus you have missed the progress on my new passion. I've been busy filling the drop spindle with my second load of singles; I've slowed myself down a bit and am concentrating more on the drafting, with much more even results this time. I love drafting the yarn and then watching it twist in a fraction of a second. It's a never ending delight. (Obviously, I am easily delighted.) I have come home from work each day ready to grab the spindle; I am positive that spinning, for me, is even more relaxing and therapeutic than knitting. I think, when this is plied up, that it will be close to Silky Wool in wpi, and that is what I am aiming for.

I have been SOOO enjoying all your Rhinebeck posts. However, I must admit that all the lovely pictures of beautiful rovings are making me just slightly crazy. I want to spin up something alive with color! But I am resisting. It's very hard. I don't want to start stashing roving just yet!!! Because I have a feeling that once I do get my hands on some hand dyed roving, I'll never recover!

Big Cat likes the singles. "This smells nice, Mom. Where have you been hiding this?"

"It rolls around really nice. And I like the fluffy stuff on the end."

"Now, watch me get gray hairs all over Momma's white roving."

"Uh oh, busted!!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like big cat found a new toy lol! You're a natural at the spinning. I can't believe how even your spinning is in such a short time. Keep on spinning girl!

3:17 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Be careful with the roving and the kitty. They sometimes like to get those little paws in and knead it just like mom-cat's tummy.

YOU are doing gorgeous work!! I am SO impressed!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

ROFLOL! I LOVE the shots with Big Kitty! He's adorable...and frankly I think his fur looks as soft as the roving is...hmm...I'll stick with the kitty! But your spinning is lovely!
(((hugs)))

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear how much you love spinning these days - I can imagine so well how very meditative and relaxing it is! And oh, what a cutie Big Cat is - so beautiful!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home