PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Words Not Necessary


























Today's virtual tour has been brought to you by the letters P(uerto) and V(allarta) and by the number 96 (Fahrenheit).

I spun some roving today. I went out on the porch with the spindle and stripped off all the old string on it. It was like package string. I strung a bit of the old stuff that wasn't too stiff for a leader, and tore off a piece of roving from the one pound ball and did some predrafting. Then I started. It's amazing to me, but the hands that hadn't spun for thirty years remembered what to do. The roving worked up very nicely and I've now got some fairly even, fine spinning on the spindle. The memory was still in the hands. That's the only way I can explain it. I'll post a picture when I get some more spun. I only hope that I am doing a decent job of it. I would love to spin enough for a shawl. I know that I still have a lot to learn, I've never plied anything or gone further than just spinning a bit of yarn onto the spindle. But one step at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home