PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Oh my. Gratuitious.

The bathroom rebuild goes apace. Our bathroom guy, Ray, who has spent the majority of his week sweating in the medieval dungeon, came back today to finish putting up the drywall so the tile guy can start on Monday. Ray is practically one of the family by now. He shares our pizza and brownies, in addition to replacing misbegotten garden hose water pipe. My front yard looks like Home Depot, since Ray has set up shop out there. Insulation, dry wall, extension cords, electric saws, and various other tools of frightening dimensions litter one whole side of the yard. And my garage? In addition to the piles of furniture and boxes from Nana's house, I now have cases of tile and various bathroom fixtures, including a new toilet. "Toilet Express" in big letters on the side of the box. And of course it's right in the front of the garage, so all the passersby can't miss it when the garage is open. Joe says that on Monday I have to try it out before it gets installed, so that he can exchange it if I don't like it. I presume that "try it out" means he will take it out of the box, set it up in the driveway, and make me sit on it.

Stop the presses. The neighbors will be emailing their digital pics for the next edition.

"Local Woman Test-Drives Porcelain Products on Her Days Off".

Don't you all start telling me that you want to see pictures. Because I just might.

In the meantime, the "Gratuitious" cat picture for the day. I keep a battered trestle table for seasonal type displays. Little Cat, though, has never been concerned about being mistaken for part of the bric-a-brac.



3 Comments:

Blogger JulieLoves2Knit said...

My garden froze - (except the tomatoes)! Yours still is blooming!
Looks like the new bathroom is blooming too - lucky lucky you - I want one!!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh of course we want pics!! LOVE Little Cat...what a pretty girl.
(((hugs)))

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I'll join the chorus, we want pics! ;) And I so love your kitty, what an elegant beauty she is!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home