PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oh my. Gruesome!



This is what our bathroom off the master bedroom looked like. We had been wanting to update it for ages. The contractor was finally ready to start, and start he did.

This is what it looks like now. Ripped and messy and makes me think of an autopsy -- you don't really want to watch and you don't really want to know what's in there. We found that the previous homeowner had fixed a leak in the pipe leading to the toilet by cutting out the bad section, about 6 inches worth, and reconnecting the two ends of pipe WITH A LENGTH OF GARDEN HOSE!!!!! Heaven only knows why that hose didn't leak or burst in all the time we've been in this house. I'm only grateful that we found it now and tonight that pipe is properly fixed. The room will probably be out of commission until sometime next week, when we will have all new tiles and all new fixtures.

In better news, here's the pile of knits I'm taking this evening to the county fair. It's an hour drive one way and I need to hit the road. So I'm off to pack a sandwich for the road and load up the knits and the pears. Then it will be back to MDK knitting. I must be a glutton for stress.

4 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

The county fair?! How fun. Let us know how you do!

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden hose? Well I guess it's inventive. Hope you had a good time at the fair!

4:20 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Yayyy for you! Good luck at the fair. Just entering gives one such a sense of accomplishment. And since you are such a gifted knitter, I'm sure you will win several ribbons. We want pictures!

I do hope you have a second bathroom somewhere in the house.

6:35 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Fair ! you knit for the fair! Pat, you are incredible. Win a ribbon win a ribbon. Brag. Show us. We're proud. Celebrate with a ear of corn or a deep fried snicker or something. I wish I could come too.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home