PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

12 Rows and a Milestone

I've been working away on the Maplewing Shawl. I'm currently on Row 12; those 600 stitch rows take a while! Now, thought, I've got enough of the pattern in to start seeing how the stitches and yarn overs work together. I'm getting even more anxious to see the pattern as it develops. And the yarn is fantastic! This is a beautiful blend of color that I really get into. Note the second lifeline. As much as I'm enjoying knitting this, I really don't want to have to rip back multiple rows of 600 stitches! And while I'm not going to use a lifeline on every row, I am going to use one every ten rows or so. Maybe less. It's all a matter of what I'm willing to redo, if it becomes necessary.

A milestone has been reached! I have finally finished spinning the singles of Sugar Bunny Boulevard roving in "Romance" that I started so long ago. Actually, almost two years ago to the day. I didn't realize it had been that long; shame on me. But possibly tomorrow I will start plying it. I have two bobbins of singles and I intend to do a two ply yarn with it. Then we will see what will become of it. Socks? Scarf? Cowl? Maybe mitts? Whatever it is, it will be the first project knit with my own handspun.

Milestone it may be, but Little Cat is still thoroughly bored.



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Lovely singles!

They should ply up nicely ;-)

5:59 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Little Cat doesn't look all that little!
I love the lace...
(((hugs)))

9:55 AM  
Blogger roxie said...

Lessee, 12 row of 600 stitches equals 7thousand 2 hundred stitches so far. Whew! Does it decrease somewhere, or is it a big rectangle? It's just beautiful!!

Little Cat has such gorgeous colors and striping going on in her own fur that it's hard for her to appreciate other fiber efforts. "You spun yours? I GREW mine."

6:58 AM  
Anonymous JessaLu said...

Beautiful spinning!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home