PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Comfort Knitting

Today the long-awaited move to the new building began. Since my little department will be the last to move, due to the fact that our portion of the building is still at least a month away from the interior being finished, I got to watch everyone else wade into nearly total chaos. File cabinets and boxes of documents were loaded into pickup trucks and carted to the new building, where they found that the construction crew still hadn't cleaned up all the debris on the floors. So the first day's move got called off after only a couple hours. Supposedly chaos begins again tomorrow. My crew and I don't mind watching. We figure that by the time we move, the worst of the hassles will be resolved.

So, since there wasn't much else to do today, I hauled out the STR socks that have been languishing since October and began to knit while I watched the file cabinets head out to the trucks. I very quickly realized how much I have missed working on these. The STR is such a pleasure to work with, and my hands appreciated the small, smooth needles. Most of all, though, knitting round and round on the leg of the second sock was so relaxing, just like comfort food. Pot roast and mashed potatoes and gravy on a knitting needle. I ate off and on all day.

It was a good day.

Over the weekend two Fun Fur hats were finished. Work on these is halted until more goofy yarn can be obtained from WalMart this weekend. The rest of the trip I spent working on the Sock Yarn Log Cabin blanket. And I barely touched the books I brought.

Since I don't have more yarn for Chemo Caps, I cast on for Joe's watchcap. Rows and rows of ribbing will make easy television knitting in the evening.

And I'm 1/5th of the way to my 100 miles by April 1! There's nothing like some incentive -- and an energetic dog -- to get me moving.

Meantime, some sky pictures from this evening:

3 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

Happy chemo caps! Lovely rockin' socks, and ohh those sunset pictures! You are such a genius with your camera! I love theee way the black silhouettes of the trees emphasize the colors in the sky.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you've been so productive - I especially love the socks, they look great! And thanks for sharing these most amazing sky pics!

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comfort knitting is the best. Mine is usually socks too. Love those sky shots. Just beautiful!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home