PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Off and Gartering


So I started the log cabin sock yarn project last night -- okay, I haven't gotten very far yet, but hey, I got to start it, seeing as how I finished the Lacy Kerchief Scarf. I'm taking this along with me to Mesa, along with Branching Out and warshclothes and the sadly neglected Trekking Socks. Remember, knitting is stress relieving.

Joe was in Mesa this weekend with two of the kids, and between them all they got a lot of Nana's stuff packed up. Several good sized boxes are now in the garage, and I shall be bringing more back. A realtor has been contracted for the house and it will go on the market next Monday. I'm leaving for Mesa in about an hour and my task is to go through the remaining kitchen items and contract with a moving company. I have several appointments booked for cost estimates. I've packed the coolest clothes I've got (they've been having record highs) and lots of cotton knitting. Remember, knitting is stress relieving. I'll show you what I accomplished when I get back.

The poor Trekking Sock has been complaining about being abandoned. I have promised it a nice (hot) trip this week and have planned a Very Special Treat for it (lucky socky) on Wednesday evening.

See you all later in the week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

I must have missed what's going on with Nana... sending good wishes your way. Take care of yourself and knitting is definately relaxing. Definately.

5:19 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Pat

What's not to love about garter? I am making the Swing jacket which is all garter. Such a sturdy stitch.

KNitting is stress relieving! Can't wait to see what you work up. Good luck with Nana's kitchen.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed that everything works well with the move and Nana coming over - all the best to you guys!

8:20 PM  
Blogger roxie said...

Put a prayer in every stitch. "In your hands, God."

Knitting IS stress relieving.

And if you need to, just step into a cool shower every now and then. With your clothes on.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope you're taking the sock to see the Yarn Harlot yourself and not sending it with someone else!! heh

It'll be fun to see how your sock yarn blanket evolves. :)

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home