PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Attention, Sports Fans...

We finally have a completed pair of socks.

It was a long time coming, but these have finally crossed the finish line.

Basic Sock Recipe from Knitting Rules!, by the Yarn Harlot. US Size 1 needles. Austermann Step yarn, color 09.

Started in February, finished on July 8. Very nice and snug, perfect. The stripes match up perfectly and there was plenty of yarn left over. I have cast on for another Baby Surprise Jacket with the remainder.

I suppose that now I could start a pair for the Summer of Socks, like, being the last person across that particular starting line, and see if I could finish a pair before the KAL ends, but why spoil a perfectly good bottom-of-the-heap track record?

Oh, by the way, one of our summer projects -- the old carpeting on the porch was ripped up and replaced by ceramic tile. Beautiful, neat, and clean. I love sitting out here in the early mornings or evenings. And there should be a couple more FO's shortly. I'm on a clean-up-the-WIPs kick. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger roxie said...

I am in awe of your perfectly matched stripes. Those are gorgeous socks!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

The socks are lovely. And they have kind of a pumpkin thing going on color wise... so much the better. I'm going to have to look for that colorway.

11:40 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wow!! Those socks are perfectly perfect!! Nice going!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Honey, I am the last one to cross the Summer of Socks line. I have'nt even started a pair yet. Oh, that lace bug...it bit me so hard.

I love those socks the colors remind me of Sodona AZ.

5:42 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

I guess if I'd slow down a bit, my socks might come out that beautifully. They are masterful.
Your ceramic tile is gorgeous. What a transformation. Nothing like our porches eh

6:53 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Gorgeous socks. And good job on matching the stripes. Can't wait to see the baby sweater.

Cool patio, too.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home