PumpkinKnitter

The adventures of a knitting grandmother

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

She spins, she knits, she blogs about it all.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

2 WIP's




There are 2 WIPS that are my go-anywhere knitting. They go in the car, they go to work, they go to the orthodontist's, you know the breed. The pink sleeve is the Ribbed Shrug from Interweave Knits Summer '05. I ordered the Paton's Katrina yarn from Herrschners Yarn Shoppe; catalog shopping is a life essential out in the boonies where we live. I really like the Katrina yarn. I like the silky feel of it and the bit of sparkle that goes with it. It reminds me very much of a little girl's sweater that someone passed down to my younger girls while we were living in Germany in the early 90's. It was handknit of a yarn in virtually the same shade and feel as the Katrina, and I loved that little sweater, too. This shrug is a gift for Christmas, and I've been working on it just about everywhere; I could in theory knit it right in front of the giftee and she would never even notice it; an advantage to knitting everywhere on just about anything means that after a while you get ignored. You blend into the scenery, as it were. Sometimes people notice that you're not knitting and want to know if you're feeling okay.

The green scarf/stole is a pattern I made up myself, after I couldn't find anything I wanted in a reasonably short time. It is very simple, just repeating K2, YO, K2 tog, K2, P2, for the width you want, ending with K2, YO, K2 tog. It is reversible, which is what I was looking for. It's being done with Louet Gems Pearl in a beautiful (to me) sage green on US 5's. This is the first merino yarn I have knit with (yes, I know, but I told you, I live in the boonies), and I love the feel of the yarn and the small needles. It is very relaxing to pick this up and work on it, especially after working on something in worsted weight with big needles. This one is for me, to go with a summer dress I have.

Blogging may be iffy for the next couple of weeks. The new little pumpkin is coming (with her parents, of course), for a ten day visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Today will be the first time I finally get to hold her and start spoiling her. Her christening is here next Saturday, and I will be hosting an untold amount of relatives and guests. Lots of work but loads of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home